Wines are best known for their taste; the more fermented and vintage, the more it tastes good. These are fermented juice from grapes, which is used almost exclusively. The making of wines can be similar, but different kinds of grapes make different wine flavors. Here is a trivia: when other fruits are fermented to make a kind of wine, the fruit’s name is included, for example:
- Peach wine
- Blackberry wine
- Red grapes
So now, you have an idea why you see the names of fruits on the label of every wine. The wine fridge singapore is a customized wine cooling system used by the producers to maintain and enhance the taste of wines.
A wine fridge is also known as a wine refrigerator or wine cooler, a specialized appliance used for storing and preserving wine under optimal conditions. It is not like regular refrigerators as wine fridges are designed to maintain the consistency of the following:
- Vibration control
These features help protect the quality of the wine.
Features of wine fridge
A wine fridge is worth investing in, especially if you are a collector or have a wine business. Here are the features you should look for when investing in a custom wine fridge:
- Temperature control. The wine requires a specific temperature range for proper storage and aging. Most wine fridges let users set and maintain constant temperature (between 45°F and 65°F or 7°C to 18°C).
- Humidity control. There are wine fridges with humidity control features, which keep air inside the fridge not becoming too dry. It is essential to preserve the corks and prevent them from drying out.
- Vibration reduction. An excessive vibration disturbs the sediment in wine and it affects the aging process. The wine fridge has features to minimize disturbances and vibrations.
- Light protection. Wines are harmful when exposed to light, especially UV light. Wine fridges have UV-resistant glass or solid doors protecting the bottles from light exposure.
- Storage configuration. The wine fridges have specific shelving configurations, accommodating different types of wine bottles, such as:
- Standard Bordeaux bottles
- Larger Champagne bottles
- Dual temperature zones. Custom wine fridges have dual temperature zones to store different types of wines at respective optimal temperatures in the same unit.
Wine lovers use wine fridges to make an environment friendly for their wines to age gracefully and maintain their quality. However, not all wines require extensive aging and these appliances are used to keep wines at serving temperatures for quick enjoyment.